Course Duration: 2 Days
Novice Operators (3-5 Days) - Candidates who have had very little or no experience
We are fully R.T.I.T.B accredited and follow their guidelines for course content and duration, ensuring we work to the highest standards and in accordance with current legislation and approved codes of practice.
Upon completion of this course the operator will be issued with a certificate that will need renewing every 3 years.
- Operators safety code & Training DVD
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- PUWER 98 (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 98)
- LOLER 98 (Lifting Operations and Lift Equipment Regulations 98)
- L117 - Rider-operated lift trucks (ACOP & Guidance)
- Lifting Principals
- Care of Batteries/Diesel/LPG trucks
- Stability factors
- Principals of reach lift trucks
- Steering operations - forward & reverse
- Steering operations in confined areas
- Pallet handling; picking up, setting down, transporting
- Stacking and de-stacking loads at different heights (Various methods)
- Vehicle loading & un-loading procedures
- Daily maintenance checks
- Satisfactory completion of Practical and Theory based assessment
A Practical test of basic operating skills will be conducted. Completion of Pre-use checks, in accordance with the manufacturers guidelines. Concluding with, associated knowledge examination*.
All courses can be delivered at your premises throughout the UK and Northern Ireland.
Contact us to obtain a quote