Course Duration: 1 Day
Duration: 1 day course
We are fully R.T.I.T.B accredited and follow their guidelines for course content and duration, ensuring we work to the highest standards and in accordance with current legislation and approved codes of practice.
Pedestrian Operated Trucks, often referred to as Pedop, POET or stacker, course will give you the skills to operate the truck safely and efficiently, carry out a pre-use inspection and recall and explain the causes of truck and load instability.
Upon completion of this course the operator will be issued with a certificate that will need renewing every 3 years.
- Training DVD
- BITA Operators safety code pocket book (candidates will receive their own copy)
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- PUWER 98 (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 98)
- LOLER 98 (Lifting Operations and Lift Equipment Regulations 98)
- HSG6 - Safety in working with lift trucks
- L117 - Rider-operated lift trucks (ACOP & Guidance)
- Lifting Principals
- Care of Batteries/Diesel/LPG trucks
- Stability factors
- Principals of pivot-steer lift trucks
- Steering operations – forward, reverse & confined areas
- Steering operations in Pallet handling; picking up, setting down, transporting
- Stacking and de-stacking loads at different heights (Various methods)
- Vehicle loading & un-loading procedures
- Daily maintenance checks
- Satisfactory completion of Practical and Theory based assessment
Practical test of basic operating skills
Practical test of ability to carry out a pre-use check
Associated knowledge examination
All courses can be delivered at your premises throughout the UK and Northern Ireland.
Contact us to obtain a quote
The courses on the dates above will be delivered at:
National Safety Training Services
64 Scarborough Street