Course Duration: 1 Day
Refreshers (1 Day)- Candidates who have been tested before.
Upon completion of this course the operator will be issued with a certificate that will need renewing every 3 years.
- Operators safety code & Training DVD
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- PUWER 98 (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 98)
- LOLER 98 (Lifting Operations and Lift Equipment Regulations 98)
- L117 - Rider-operated lift trucks (ACOP & Guidance)
- Lifting Principals
- Care of Batteries/Diesel/LPG trucks
- Stability factors
- Principals of reach lift trucks
- Steering operations - forward & reverse
- Steering operations in confined areas
- Pallet handling; picking up, setting down, transporting
- Stacking and de-stacking loads at different heights (Various methods)
- Vehicle loading & un-loading procedures
- Daily maintenance checks
- Satisfactory completion of Practical and Theory based assessment
A Practical test of basic operating skills will be conducted. Completion of Pre-use checks, in accordance with the manufacturers guidelines. Concluding with, associated knowledge examination*.
All courses can be delivered at your premises throughout the UK and Northern Ireland.
Contact us to obtain a quote
The courses on the dates above will be delivered at:
National Safety Training Services
64 Scarborough Street